All you need to know about the Razor Maintenance
Razor maintenance needs part of your daily schedule and will help you take the best care of your client’s facial hair. So here are a few helpful tips on how to keep your traditional razor in tip top shape.
- Straight razors must be properly maintained in order to ensure their performance lasts and you’re getting the best value from your razor.
- To avoid rusting, store your razor in a dry space away from draft or damp.
- If not in use for lengthy periods rub blade and pivot mechanism, with a light oil to prevent rust and wear.
- Stropping is the best method to sharpen your straight edge razor. -Strop only before shaving.
- Clean the Strop with warm soapy water and dry before honing. This prevents metal particles in the strop damaging the blade.
- Always pull the strop belt tight when honing the blade.
- Direct movement towards the back of the blade, never towards the cutting-edge.
- Work slowly and concentrate, mistakes can be expensive...Ouch!